The annual Accommodation Ballot is for current students and Fellows wishing to apply for accommodation for the following academic year. The Ballot information below gives details of eligibility and the application process.
Current Graduate Students, Junior Research Fellows and Research Fellows are entitled to enter the ballot. Please note:
- Priority is given to applicants who wish to be allocated accommodation for the entire year.
- In exceptional cases the College allows members with exceptional circumstances a higher priority in the ballot system. For further information about Order of Priority see the notice DPC.04.18 on the Accommodation page of the Wolfson website www.wolfson.usavelo.com/accommodation. If you feel you qualify for exceptional circumstances please highlight this on your application form and we will try to accommodate you.
- If you are on a one year course now, you are not eligible for the Ballot and you should apply for a Summer Extension.
- If you plan to commence a new course at Wolfson in October 2023, you should apply through the Ballot, even if you do not yet have an offer of a place.
- If your application for further studies is unsuccessful, please let the Accommodation Office know so that you can be withdrawn from the Ballot and your accommodation re-allocated.
The majority of current residents in College accommodation are allocated accommodation until 31st July 2023. (Tenancies for single en-suite accommodation in C Block, the Catherine Marriott Building and M Block accommodation finish on 30th June 2023).
If you would like to stay during the Summer, beyond 30th June or 31st July please apply for a Summer Extension and not through the ballot. The ballot process is for accommoodation from September/October 2023 only.
If you originally planned to move out earlier then 30th June or 31st July but now wish to stay longer, please contact the Accommodation Office promptly on email@example.com
If you wish to vacate your accommodation before the date stated on your Agreement you must give two calendar months’ notice in writing via email to the Accommodation Office. Your original Agreement will stand for ballot purposes.
An email informing you how to apply for a Summer extension will be circulated in February 2023. Summer extensions cannot be guaranteed and demand usually exceeds supply.